Are you moving soon, and you’re looking for ways to pack and move your bedroom? You’ve come just to the right place! With years of experience, relocation companies Birmingham have years of experience in the matter that can help you. Is your bedroom packed with art, minimalistic with bulky furniture, or just covered in many fragile items? Whichever the case, we have the solution! To find out how to pack and move your bedroom with the least effort, keep on reading!
Declutter before you pack and move your bedroom
Decluttering is one of the most important processes when you’re moving. It’s a way to lessen your costs and the workload at the same time. While separating what you’re going to bring to your new home, and what’s going to stay – be merciless, especially when it comes to big and bulky items.
They are heavy, and the movers will bill more for heavy items. That’s why it’s a good idea to donate or sell those items, and then use the money you got from selling them to buy the same or similar items at your new home. Whether you’re selling your wardrobe, electrical appliances like a fridge, or something third – it’s going to be worth it. You’ll get something out of selling it, and also save the money on the transportation process.
Materials that you’ll need in order to pack and move your bedroom
So, what are you going to need in order to properly pack your bedroom?
Materials that you’ll need in order to pack and move your bedroom:
- Boxes – You can get cardboard or plastic ones, depending on the items that you’ll be packing. Plastic boxes are more expensive, but they bear more weight and their structure doesn’t get compromised when it comes in the contact with moisture. You can also rent them from a reliable moving company or buy them yourself.
- Packing paper
- Bubble wrap
- Corner protection for the art
- Marker and labels
- Specialty boxes
Those are just some of the materials that you will need during the packing process. The rest should be tailored to your personal needs.
The moving process
There are numerous tasks to get done when you’re packing, but what order should you employ?
- Call cross country Movers Birmingham AL to set your date.
- Research insurance options
- Declutter your room – Sell and donate items that you don’t want or need anymore. You’ll have more free space when you start packing
- See which services you have to hire moving companies for, and communicate it with them
- Pack small items that you definitely won’t need in the days prior to the move. Those items may be small figures, paintings, photographs, vases, and similar decorative items.
- When the move starts getting closer, start slowly packing the items that you don’t need: The TV, coffee table, bed frame…
- Get the insurance
- Wash the clothes, sheets, and the rest of the linen. Leave them to dry and then pack most of your clothes.
- In the end, pack the only essential thing you need up until the moment you move: the mattress. Maybe you also have a few more items that need to be packed, but as long as it’s a small number and can be done in the evening prior to the move, you’re good.
How to deal with clothes
When you need to pack and move your bedroom, clothes packing is the easiest task that you’ll encounter. All you need to do is to fold it nicely and place it in a box. If you want additional protection, it would be well to place it in a plastic bag before it goes into the box – but generally, there’s not much more that you can do. It won’t break, so it doesn’t need any additional devotion.
Packing your precious art
Packing the art can be tricky, which is why many people turn to fine art transportation Birmingham AL. It’s always a good idea to have your art packed by the professionals, but if you want to do it yourself, here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Buy the necessary materials for packing
- Remove the glass from over your picture, artwork, or a painting. Place an X with tape glass’ diagonals. That will keep the glass from shattering
- Place cardboard sheets between the painting and glass, as well as over the glass. Secure them so they can’t move.
- Place corner protections
- Put everything in a specialty box whose dimensions are just right. If it’s bigger, your painting may be damaged from moving in a box.
Fragile items require special care
Fragile items are the hardest to pack because you have to devote yourself fully to properly packing them. It’s always good to follow a guide on packing fragile items. When you’re packing them, consider hiring professional movers to help you if you’re not sure you’re doing it properly. It’s always better safe than sorry when it comes to valuables.
To pack and move your bedroom, disassemble the furniture
Furniture packing and moving are hard because the furniture itself is heavy. You may have to call your family and friends to help you disassemble furniture.
If you’re not going to call a moving company to load the truck and pack your big, bulky items, then having your friends over is a must. It’s simply impossible to do it yourself if you’re on the clock. Make sure you invite people who can follow clear instructions and respect your decisions. Changing plans in the middle of a carrying quest can only result in injury.
Hire professional movers to pack and move your bedroom if you lack the time
Have you ever considered hiring professional movers to help you move your bedroom? There are numerous quality, reliable moving companies that you can hire. Many of them offer a free quote. Getting a free quote an easy and commitment-free way of finding out whether a certain moving company fits your budget. If you’re on a tight schedule and don’t have time to properly pack and move your items, hiring professionals is your next best choice. That way, you’re sure that your items will reach the destination without a scratch, while you can take care of other moving-related obligations. Park Moving Team is more than happy to answer all of your questions. Call us and see why we’re the best company to pack and move your bedroom!