This article contains a new free resource, your moving first-night box checklist. This checklist contains items you may need to set aside in your “first night box.” (In our last article, we supplied a pre-packing checklist. To download our pre-packing checklist, CLICK HERE.)
Why You Need a Moving First-Night Box
Moving is a long and stressful process. Regardless of the assistance that you have in executing your move, you will be exhausted by the time that you arrive at your new location. One moving trick that we have found to be very helpful is to set aside a box or two (or overnight bag/duffel) that has items that you will need to make your first night as comfortable as possible. We recommend consulting this checklist to ensure that nothing gets left behind! We’ve included a fairly exhaustive list of items on this checklist, so feel free to omit any items that you feel you will not need.
Below, we’ve outlined the main points from the checklist. To read all information associated with each point, download the full checklist by CLICKING HERE.
The following list contains items that you may need for your moving first-night box in your new residence:
- Clothes: pajamas, 1-2 changes of clothes, shoes
- Bed Linens: a sheet set, blankets, sleeping bag, and/or air mattress
- Toiletries, like all bathroom and shower needs including toilet paper (very important), bath towels, hand towels, and washcloths.
- Medications, including all prescription medications and supplements.
- Personal items such as electronic devices and chargers (laptops, tablets, phones, etc).
- Pet care supplies like food and feeding dishes.
- Food and water to avoid having to make a grocery store trip as soon as you’ve made it to your destination.
Park Moving and Storage is a Birmingham, AL-based business that’s served our local community for over fifty years. To contact us today, CLICK HERE.