Are you moving to a new state soon, and you need a checklist to stay organized? You’ve come to the right place! Leeds Al Movers will help you have a smooth, organized transition into another state! Relocating to a new state can be overwhelming – and having a checklist will help you stay calm. We put together an easy checklist to help you stay organized during the long-distance move. Whenever the move becomes overwhelming, take a look at the checklist to calm down – you’ll know exactly what you need to do next and it will help you feel in control. To find out how to approach moving to a new state, keep on reading!
Things to do as soon as you find out that you’re moving to a new state
What’s to do as soon as you find out that you’re moving to a new state:
- Find a reliable moving company – A moving company can make or break your move. That’s why you should take your time to send out as many moving quotes as you can, and make an informed decision. A moving company shouldn’t just offer good prices, it should also be trustworthy, reliable, and a good fit for your specific needs. So, hire Alabama movers for a safe and reliable move.
- Sort out the insurance – It will help you have peace of mind during the moving process.
- Think about your budget – Before you do anything else, you should decide how much you want to spend on the move. Presenting the budget to the moving company that you hired will also help you determine which services to use, and which ones you should do yourself.
- If you have kids you should find a school for them – Dealing with the process of transferring your kids to school should be done as soon as you find out that you’re moving. Also, you should tell your kids that you’re moving as soon as you can. You should also prepare yourself to answer all of their questions. Tell them sooner rather than later, this will give them the time to deal with the move emotionally.
At the beginning of the moving process
What to do during the moving process:
- Make an inventory of all of your items
- Get the quality packing materials
- Pack your items
- Label the boxes
- Invite your friends and family if you need any help
- Think about how you’re going to get rid of the packing materials after the move
- If you’re renting an apartment, notify your landlord that you’re moving out
A few weeks before the move
What to do in the few weeks before the move:
- Change your mailing address
- Prepare your car for the move
- Visit your doctor and take your health records
- Sort out your utilities, and transfer some of the services to your new home
- Call the moving company to confirm the date and the services that you’ll be using
- If you have any sensitive, antique items, take photographs of them in case they get damaged during transportation.
A few days before the move
Things to do a few days before the move:
- Prepare the moving bag with essentials
- Clean out your fridge
- Call cleaning services
- Pack all the important documents into the bag with essentials
Moving to a new state is easy with a well though-out guide
After you’ve done all that, all that’s left for you is to wait for the movers and have a safe, inconvenience-free relocation. If you need the help of professional movers, keep in mind that Movers Pelham AL is at your disposal. We can help you every step of the way, and execute the movie just the way you want it. You too can have the move of your dreams!