Are you moving soon, but you’re not sure when to start packing for your local move? Our company is here to help you organize better and find a timeline that works for you. If you’re not sure where to start when you think about your move-related obligations and packing – don’t worry. Many people have been there, and they have all succeeded with a little help. There’s no reason why the same wouldn’t happen for you! To dig more into the moving preparation tips, keep on reading!
Start packing for your local move by preparing mentally
Park Moving & Storage is at your service if you decide that you need help. With so many things to do, it’s only understandable that you’d want to delegate the parts of the process to professionals. The first thing that you need to do to start packing for your local move is to prepare mentally. That means that you’ll need to think about what you need to do, to educate yourself, and to realize that it’s going to be a little overwhelming.
When should you start packing for your local move?
The truth is that you should start packing for your local move right away. That doesn’t mean that you’ll get the boxes the next day and start putting your clothes inside them the day after. It means that you need to start decluttering as soon as you’re sure that you’ll be moving. That’s a process that requires a lot of time, and you should start doing it at least two months in advance to make sure you have time for your daily obligations. What does decluttering mean? It means that you’ll be donating or selling the items that you no longer want or need. You should start selling your items online. When you sell a big, bulky appliance you actually save money you’d be giving on the transport expenses. You can also use that money to buy a similar or same item at the new location.
Two months before your move
Making a rough timeline will help you stay organized and get everything done on time.
- Start researching local moving companies like moving companies Pelham AL
- Send out free quote inquiries
- Educate yourself about different types of insurances
- Start decluttering
A month and a half before your move
- Hire a moving company and discuss a moving date
- Put the items you want to sell online
- Try to narrow down insurance choices
- Decide on packing materials and order them so you have them with you when the time for packing comes
- Start cleaning your home – It’s a process that will take a lot of time. Hence, you’ll also need to start getting to it early. If you have enough time you can get it done after you’ve packed all of your items and placed them in a garage or storage. If you don’t – then get to work right away because there’s a lot to do.
A month before a move
- Start packing for your local move – Start with small items and build your way up to the big and bulky ones. There are many tips and tricks when it comes to packing, but keep in mind that you should use small boxes for heavy items and big boxes for lighter items. That will prevent you from overloading the bix boxes and they won’t snap.
- Pack items that you definitely won’t use – local movers Birmingham Alabama offer many different kinds of services that can be helpful during your packing process.
- Label the fragile boxes – Don’t forget to write “Fragile” on each side of the box. If you write it on the top, the stacked boxes may cover the label and the results may be catastrophic.
- Donate the items that you won’t be using anymore
- Contact your friends and family to ask for help and book them in advance – If you need someone to help you with the packing process, to help you disassemble furniture, or take care of your kids, make sure you have contacted them in advance so they can clear their schedule.
- Get moving insurance – You can get them from the same moving company that will handle your belongings, or from the other one.
Two weeks prior to the move and later
When you start approaching your moving date, things can get a little hectic. That’s why it is important to get all of the previous things done up to this point. Now you can focus only on packing and dealing with emergency situations.
- Star preparing your “moving day” bag
- Pack everything you won’t use daily
- Begin preparing your documents and bills
- Cancel utilities
A week before the move
- Pack everything except fridge and necessities
- Find a person to take care of your pet or a child on a moving day so you can focus on the tasks at hand
One day before the move
- Defrost the fridge and throw out everything that’s left.
- Add final items to your “moving day” bag
- Call a moving company and confirm the moving time
Hire a reliable moving company
If all of this seems too much, don’t worry. We know how hard packing for a move can be. That’s why we offer many different packing services tailored specifically to your needs. If you need help in packing and loading the truck – contact Park Moving. We offer a free quote which you can get via filling out the form on our website. It’s fast and free, and the best thing – it’s a commitment-free way of finding out more about our reasonable prices. Don’t hesitate to give us a call and ask us all of your burning questions. Our polite team is happy to answer everything and to guide you through our moving, transportation, and packing processes. With us, you can have a stress-free move – it’s just a call away! Are you ready to book a move of your dreams?